Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to send emails VM303

clicky
Tuning in

Hi, starting from this Monday I am getting the same error message:

"SMTP Response: 525 5.7.13 Authentication Denied (VM303)"

I tried to talk to the customer support but they have told me that they are not dealing with emails for some reason 😞

How can I get to someone I can talk for this to be fixed?

Oh, at the same time I cannot access Web Email, too - all with

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from a..."

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@clicky 

VM303 is a specific error code that suggests your account is locked on the VM backend LDAP server.

Can you confirm that you have a current VM broadband account and that the email address concerned is linked to your current account?

If the answer to this is yes then the VM Forum Team should be able to help you when they reach this thread.

If the answer is no then then there is no way to retrieve the email account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The two errors are related.

You'll need one of the forum team to assist here as the account would appear to have been locked for some reason.

Tim

Edit - Oops Graham beat me to it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi clicky,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry that you are having this problem with your email account. I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

I'll just need to confirm a few details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your page.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hi Graham and Tim,

Thank you very much for returning back to me. Luckily I do have VM broadband account and email address is linked to it. Also, Laurie has already PMed me so hopefully this can be moved forward 🙂

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Daniel,

I'm glad that I could get this sorted for you.  You're always welcome to get in touch via the Community Forum - the response might not be as quick as calling in, but we are always happy to help!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend, feel free to update this thread if you have any more issues.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hi Laurie,

I'll have that in mind for the next time.
Thank you very much for sorting it for me.

Regards,
Daniel

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're very welcome @clicky

If you do have any further issues please do let us know and we are more than happy to help. 

Have a fab day 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide