cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to access email inbox

RussBVM
Tuning in

Hi - we have a Virgin Media account and while my @virginmedia.com email address is working fine, my wife has been unable to access her @ntlworld.com email for the last 24 hours.
She rang Customer Support but they claimed the email address wasn't registered to our account. It definitely is.
When she tries to access mail online, it comes up with an error message saying it is unavailable.
She tried changing her email password via my main account login - but she obviously can't receive the verification email needed for it to take effect. It still says  'Unable to verify account name or password'.

Please help us get this sorted - it's really frustrating.

Thank you

Russ

4 REPLIES 4

RussBVM
Tuning in

We are having exactly the same issues.

Primary email is working fine but my other half's ntlworld.com email hasn't been working for 24 hours. She is using Apple Mail.

We reset the password and I can add it to Outlook on my Mac OK, but when she puts in the new password on her machine, she gets an error message. Very frustrating.

RussBVM
Tuning in

As mentioned in a couple of replies today, we have had problems with one of our secondary email accounts - ntlworld.com.

No email has been accessible since yesterday lunchtime (using Apple Mail) and changing the password initially made no difference. We also couldn't access the email online via My VirginMedia.

We called Customer Support and the person on the end of the phone said they couldn't help as the email wasn't registered to our account! It clearly is.

We haven't been able to resolve the issue via the original mail browser, but I have got it working by adding the account to Outlook instead.

This is something of a workaround, so we would appreciate advice on why Apple Mail kept giving an error message even after resetting the password - and whether we will be able to use this mail client again for ntlworld.com email?

Thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @RussBVM,

Welcome back to community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that your NTL email is not working.

I would love to try and help you with this, I will send you a private message so I can investigate this.

Please look out for a plum envelope at the top right or your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @RussBVM,

Thank you for confirming your details in a private message.

I am glad that I was able to help you with this!

I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide