Menu
Highlighted
AH5
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transfer an email address

Hi,

I've had to cancel my virgin media broadband and have asked the technical support team (2nd line) to transfer my virginmedia email address to my wife's account, but they are telling me they don't know how to do that.  

From your post dannylay it seems it is possible - can you help?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have moved this to a thread of its own. It was originally appended to a closed thread which is not the way to do things.

We can answer the question. In principle it is possible to transfer an e-mail address from one VM account to another. But the account receiving the address will be completely wiped and lose its e-mail addresses and all the contents of those addressed in their entirety. The process is called move and transfer.

It is ABSOLUTELY not possible to append an e-mail address to another account by just adding it. The VM system is not constructed to allow that. and never has been.

Not what I think is wanted here, judging the contents and tone of the post.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi AH5,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page. 

@HowardML is right with what he has said, we can transfer your email address over to your wife's account but your wife would lose any email addresses she has set up.

If you would like to go ahead with this, just pop back to us on here and we will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos