Menu
lilfookh
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suddenly getting this error - SMTP602 Message contains Spam Content - can't send any email

Same problem with me.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suddenly getting this error - SMTP602 Message contains Spam Content - can't send any email

Has the issue persisted for more that 4 hours?

Did you try dissecting the email content to try and locate cause?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lilfookh
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried all that, none helped. May need a moderator to help.

Why is this problem recurring so frequently? Have seen other threads on this subject.

0 Kudos
lilfookh
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is someone from Virgin able to look at this urgently please?

I need to send some important business emails but now can't do anything at all.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The simple answer to your question is - no. This Forum is not a direct means of accessing technical support.

The problem is not uncommon, I'm afraid and is caused by over-enthusiastic spam filtering on the outgoing mail servers. But there may be something else going if you have been using the VM mail system intensively. There are undisclosed limits of daily permitted use to guard against spam being sent using an e-mail client; which you clearly are based on the VM602 error.

So you have two choices. Try using web mail to send your urgent mail. Log in with your e-mail address and password to mail2.virginmedia.com. 

Alternatively you should have an alternate e-mail account set up with another service provider like GMail or Outlook.com (to name but two). Resilience is always useful.

And if you want to get to the root cause of  it next week post the error message you are getting in this thread. That will enable the VM mail people to identify the message that was triggering this error message and see what was going on. It is the string of apparently meaningless letters that is included in the message. But VM will need the whole message (any full e-mail address must be redacted first, leaving on the domain name - the bit after the @ symbol). The VM staff will pick this up next week.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Issue has been flagged to the forum team as they are best placed to look at this further however it may take them a few hours / days to respond. In the interim consider:

• using an alternative email address, as already suggested
  • sending the emails that are causing a spam content warning to yourself in webmail as the header information from these will be requested by the forum team via private message (2019-04-30.jpeg) — do not post the header information here.

NB: these emails will be delivered to your Spam folder

@HowardML wrote:

The problem is not uncommon, I'm afraid and is caused by over-enthusiastic spam filtering on the outgoing mail servers. But there may be something else going if you have been using the VM mail system intensively. There are undisclosed limits of daily permitted use to guard against spam being sent using an e-mail client; which you clearly are based on the VM602 error.

Misleading spam content warning messages between webmail and other clients is the likely reason why this error is sometimes misidentified as a VM602 (messages per a day) issue.

Webmail's spam content warning:
2018-12-23.jpeg

Email client's spam content warning:
2018-12-23.jpeg

0 Kudos