cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Secondary email password reset

MCNABBY
Joining in
i am having the same problem please advise, my wife has used this email account for 20 odd years and has so much linked to it and cant use it..
Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MCNABBY  The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread either later today or tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MCNABBY  Your post has been moved to a new thread for clarity.

Have you tried to change the password for your wife's email address.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

tried all that but doesnt work. says doesnt recognise email then wants to change my primary email account password.

MCNABBY
Joining in

need help asap as cant access secondary email account and locked out of it. my wife has used this account for over 20 years and now we cant access it.

please help.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MCNABBY  The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread either later today or tomorrow.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MCNABBY,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and we're sorry to hear that your secondary email is not being recognised. I can understand how frustrating this can be.

I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Graham_A wrote:

@MCNABBY  Your post has been moved to a new thread for clarity.

.... Snip

Well, fair enough Graham, but please tell me how a thread which starts with 'I'm having the same problem', can possibly improve the clarity of the poster's issue. Because, as there is no context, personally, I don't have a clue as to what the issue is, or might be, or, indeed how to advise.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jem101 

The post subject is self explanatory - an issue with resetting passwords for secondary accounts.

Piggybacking on old resolved threads is against community guidelines and can cause confusion for subscribers to the original thread and for staff as you should well know with your community history.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MCNABBY,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm glad that I was able to assist and rectify your secondary email access issue.

Please let us know if you need any further help or assistance going forward, we're here if you need us. 🙂

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs