Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: SPAM AND MORE SPAM!

Hi, I am getting so much spam now, have tried blocking, blacklisting, filter rules, and nothing works, it but comes back with a different IP. Have checked out a lot of addresses and have got some home addresses, but most of them come from RIPE.COM database who are In different countries. I have written to RIPE.COM asking for my address to be removed from their database, the reply was, we will deal with this matter internally, but you can find us on twitter and facebook.

How can i block an just the IP address with a range of 0 to 255 like say 35 to 40 using the range i could block the whole lot in one go. I am using a ipad pro, but can not seem to block the IP itself, been told how to, but just dont work no place to input the IP.

Virginmedia have to get their act together, when reporting i had to keep texting my answers in, you have to go through it over and over, after an hour and a quarter, and poss 50 texts thry stopped replying. If Virginmedia want to keep all their customers then i would suggest they start sorting it, i have a gov address that i will be sending information to.

I have been with them from the start when it was Ntlworld, i would really like to know what the server does with SPAM, i suspect nothing.

Some of these emails the source clearly states SPAM written in them so why are Virginmedia not picking this up at the server before we get them, they should be deleted and blacklisted on the server, yes it will take time, but are we not paying them each month, we have no security For this dpam, so can someone get to grips with this, we don't want a repeat like the last time it happened.

Anybody who has an answer i would be very interested in.

Many thanks

Bazzamer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sign into webmail and select , Settings, ▸ Email, SPAM Settings and then Move message to Spam folder; this is the default setting. Should this not address the issue of messages marked as SPAM but arriving in Inbox can you detail where you are seeing SPAM marker?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi, One of my main questions is, how can i block / blacklist spam by IP address, as when i look in the source it says SPAM if i can block the IP within the range of 0 to 255 then i should stop the spam. I even have a home address when spam is coming from what should i do.

one of the problems is my email must be on Ripe.com database, but a lot of other spam is coming in.

please advise on how to block an IP address.

many thanks

Bazzamer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bazzamer

Quick question 

Are you using a client or webmail for your emails 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth, Many thanks for the reply, which to be honest i dont really know how to answer, i am the client of virginmedia, i log on via my ipad, where i input my email address and password, so i guess it maybe webmail. When texting tech support, they said, its easy to input an IP address in to stop that person sending spam, but as most IP addresses have a range of 0 to 255, is it possible to block in a range, to stop them just using one of their other IP, and i dont want to type each day a single number of that IP. If you read my original post, you maybe will understand what i am trying to do if at all possible.
Many thanks for the help

barry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Can you please try logging in here through a web browser

Then go to Email and click on Spam mail

Then mark it as spam and so on with the others 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Yes i do that and they go into spam, i then go into spam and blacklist them, the next day, or so they come back with a different email address, only changed by a few letters, so the cycle starts again, as they sometimes use a different IP address in the source. I have been keeping a backup copy of the spam emails, as i have to keep checking that they are from the same IP before blocking and blacklisting them. The ones that i put in the spam folder just keep disappearing, i guess the server is deleting them. I have tried filters, but that dont seem to work, as i put the word SPAM to look for, and it just lets it through, i am spending all my time blocking these and it is getting worse, just like years ago when it was ntlworld.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the explanation Bazzamer

Is if it a different email address then this would need to be marked as spam again as you are doing 

The last blocking would only block that address 

I know its not the answer you are looking for 

I can ask if an specific email can be blocked for you

But I am not able to promise this would be possible

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Bazzamer

Forgot to ask if you can try this as well

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-using-filters

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Bazzamer wrote:

Hi, One of my main questions is, how can i block / blacklist spam by IP address, as when i look in the source it says SPAM if i can block the IP within the range of 0 to 255 then i should stop the spam. I even have a home address when spam is coming from what should i do.

please advise on how to block an IP address.

Can you confirm that your SPAM Setting is Move message to Spam folder.

You cannot blacklist nor filter an IP Address range.

0 Kudos