cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Reset access to virgin.net email address

JaneShelley
Tuning in

I have had the same issue and have been on the phone to Virgin numerous times but get a different answer every time.  Someone called to respond to my complaint today and said that my email address went to Talk Talk in 2015 but Talk Talk have checked their database and my email address was never transferred to them and was managed by Virgin. So back to Virgin again, please can you reinstate my account so that I can transfer all the information away.  Everything is set up on there, tickets are being sent there etc.  It went down on the 26th October, so should be able to be reactivated if the 90 day window is true. We were not informed our email would be switched off. 

21 REPLIES 21

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JaneShelley

Thanks for clarifying that you have never been a Virgin Media customer. It sounds like your mailbox may be locked rather than deactivated. Can you please try resetting your password via the 'forgot my password' option for your email address?

Use a completely different password that you've never used before, and wait for 1 hour before trying to access it again.

Please do let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi, I can’t change my password. I’ve had the ‘Your Mailbox is not available at the moment message’ for 2 weeks now.,

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JaneShelley wrote:

I can’t change my password. I’ve had the ‘Your Mailbox is not available at the moment message’ for 2 weeks now.,

I have taken the liberty of just popping back, hope that's ok.😉

Can I ask if you have tried resetting the password from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password ?

Enter your email address as the Username and follow the prompts.

Try that if you had not done so already. Apologies if you have already tried and failed.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That was useful thank you. It wouldn’t let me past security questions. However I hadn’t realised I’m still logged on to virginmedia on my laptop, I just can’t view emails. Mailbox unavailable. I’ve changed my password in my profile and will wait an hour to see if that unlocks anything. Thank you for your helpful advice. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JaneShelley wrote:

It wouldn’t let me past security questions.

For future reference, the advice in the past was to try again but entering the answers in UPPER CASE. I'm not sure that still works though.

Thank you for your helpful advice. 

No problem, I'm glad to hear you are one step forward. 😌

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

We have success people!! I am now back in my emails after 16 days being locked out. The forum support got me back in 2 days whereas the Virgin team in chat and over the phone had no success in 2 weeks and had written my complaint off. Thank you all for your amazing help!! Big relief. 

Keep in mind that access may well be temporary, so back up all your emails as a matter of urgency and transfer your communications to a non ISP provided email service.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

BMB11
On our wavelength
JaneShelley
I'm delighted for you.
It does remain however a nightmare for us long-suffering VM customers who have had email accounts marked for deletion despite being previously correctly linked to our accounts, without warning or checking these are still being used long-standing customers.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JaneShelley wrote:

We have success people!! I am now back in my emails after 16 days being locked out.

That's good to know. Thanks for coming back on that.

I can only reiterate what  Sololobo has said. You really do need to move away from that (and any other) virgin.net address. If you lose access again it may well be permanent.😮

If you do not already have an alternative email account take a look at these:  https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

Coenoby