Menu
clayrisk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Authentication Denied (VM304)

Hi, my wife's email account on any email client and mobile phone/tablet for the past year when trying to reply or send a new email gets the following 

Server response: 5.7.13 Authentication Denied (VM304)

Her smtp settings are smtp.virginmedia.com, SSL enabled, port 465, Authentication enabled, username (her email address)

Previous to this problem starting, she had no problems on access on any of the platforms

Can somebody from Virgin forum team please help as it is driving us both mad trying to fix it

Clayton

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Looking at the error code it is not something that you can fix yourselves.  It would  appear to be a backend sever issue on your wife's email address.  It will need intervention by the forum team.  I will flag this to @Jen_A but you need to be patient as it may take several days for a response due to workloads.

Edit: I see you raised this in June 2017 but did not get an answer from the forum team at the time.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi clayrisk,

I shall be happy to help with this. Which of your wife's domains is affected, blueyonder.co.uk or virginmedia.com (don't post the full email address)?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
clayrisk
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham_A, and yes didn't realise it's a bit longer than the year, my original post being June 2017

Hi Jen_A, yes it's to do with her blueyonder.co.uk email, strangely my blueyonder.co.uk never had issues on any platform with mine

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi clayrisk,

Thanks for that 🙂 I've flagged this up to I.T (P009092175 )and shall get back to you as soon as they notify me re: resolution. Typically a few days though we may have to factor in the weekend. I'll check for updates tomorrow and from next Monday and it's all noted in your account 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi clayrisk,

I.T. advise that they've updated the aggregated LDAP and you should have no further VM304 errors. Would you please confirm and update on here?

Thanks 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Adriancdsmith
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi i am having exactly the same problem woth my wifes email, could you advise how i can raise a ticket.

Regards

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Adriancdsmith wrote:

Hi i am having exactly the same problem woth my wifes email, could you advise how i can raise a ticket.

Regards

You start your own thread which is the normal procedure on this community forum.  Believe it or not, most problems are not exactly the same!

Please include more details, such as the devices and programmes used, and the full error codes.  Are you a VM broadband customer? Show a screen shot if you can, but obviously obsure any personal details.

Then the community members can guide you or refer you to the Forum Team (VM employees) if it can't be solved at user level.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Adriancdsmith

Thanks for your post 

Just a quick message to see if you still need this looking at?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos