Menu
carlroberts99
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old virgin.net email account

Hi Lindsey_C,

i know this is an old thread but i have nearly the same problem as the original poster. i have a virgin.net email account from years ago, im not currently a virgin media customer. ive used this email address for the last 7 or 8 years or so, but recently had some suspicious activity on it. im know using a different email address, but i cant get access to this account know, nothing works, forgotten password doesn't work. im now stuck, any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks for your time

Carl

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It seems to me your same problem was dealt with over 2 years ago?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/cant-access-virgin-net-email/m-p/3414905

But a Forum Team member will have to verify that.  Wait here and someone will contact you in due course.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi carlroberts99

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues regarding the email address.

We'd like to see if there's anything we can do to help.

Just to clarify did you want the email account to be closed if there's been some suspicious activity?

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
carlroberts99
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

i was hoping to access the email account, in readiness to close it, i need access to change some other accounts away from that email address

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid it's almost certain that this email account and mailbox is either in the process of being deleted or already has been deleted. As you are no longer a VM broadband customer, they won't be able to assist in giving you access to it even if the mailbox hasn't yet been completely deleted.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi carlroberts99,

As jem101 says, we wont be able to access this E-Mail account for you.

Have you spoken to a Virgin Media employee previous about having this account deleted?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
carlroberts99
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_Bn,

No i haven't spoke to any VM employee about deleting the account, the account is still active,

i am aware that eventually the account would close, its basically a free email address. im unsure who i would call really about the email account?

Carl

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response carlroberts99,

If Virgin Media were to take any action on this address it would be simply to delete it from the server as this feature is only available for customers who have an active service with us or have cancelled within the last 90 days.

If you would like me to delete this account, I can start this process for you today

David_Bn

0 Kudos