cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ntlworld email forgotten password

lconnolly
Just joined

The only way I can access my ntlworld address is by using a third party client, like Outlook or Thunderbird. I can't access it directly online any more, because it requires me to sign on to my Virgin Media account, which I don't have any more.

I'm not talking about my virgin email address. That has gone, and I no longer use it. However, I have archives on my ntlworld address. Virgin Media bought ntlworld some time ago, but I don't think they have the right to block an address that way.

Because I can't access it online, I can't close it, change the details or change my password. That is worrying, because it could cause a security breach through my other email accounts if Virgin is hacked.

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your description matches that of an orphaned email account.

Continued use of any Virgin Media, Ntlworld,  or blueyonder email address requires it to be linked to a current VM broadband account.

Whilst you still have access via a third-party client you should take the opportunity to make sure that you have saved copies of all emails that you need to keep.

The VM Forum Team should be able to arrange for the Ntlworld email address to be closed down permanently as should have happened 90 days after the broadband account was closed.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi lconnolly,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

As advised by Graham_A  if you no longer have an active account with us the email account should be removed after 90 days.

If you do want us to delete the email account for you, please let us know and we can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm