cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ntl email account not working for 24 hours, all devices

Roscoe68
Tuning in

My ntl email also hasn't been working for a couple of days. I have just spoken to a lady at Virgin and she tells me it won't be working until 29th August!!!! Also in January 2022 it will become obsolete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Roscoe68,

Thanks for confirming your details via PM.

I have now re enabled your mailbox, so you should now be able to gain access again. 

Can you please try signing into your account and let me know if you have any issues from there?

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roscoe68 

Provided the email address concerned is linked to your current Virgin Media broadband account there is no reason why it should become 'obsolete'.

Try changing the password for the account concerned.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roscoe68
Tuning in

My ntl email has not been working for a couple of days as well. I have spoken to a lady at Virgin who tells me it won't be fixed until 29th August and in January 2022 it will be discontinued.

What I mean is from January 2022 nobody will be able to use an ntlworld email address as they are being discontinued and we all have to change to an alternative one

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Roscoe68 wrote:

What I mean is from January 2022 nobody will be able to use an ntlworld email address as they are being discontinued and we all have to change to an alternative one

That is completely untrue.  No such announcement has been made by Virgin Media.

It may have been said to you by a telephone support agent but they have a reputation for making things up to get you off the line if they don't know how to help you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Also I have changed my password as you suggested but still unable to access my email account

Hi Roscoe68,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to access your emails recently. Just to clarify, the advice provided by the agent you spoke with is completely untrue. This is not the case at all and NTL world email addresses will not be terminated from January 2022. I am really sorry for any concern caused.

I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can look into the email issue for you. Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Beth

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Roscoe68,

Thanks for confirming your details via PM.

I have now re enabled your mailbox, so you should now be able to gain access again. 

Can you please try signing into your account and let me know if you have any issues from there?

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Thank you for that info, I won't start to panic just yet then in trying to remember all my email contacts for over twenty years with a change of email 😀

Thank you so much, yes it is working just fine now