cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My emails not showing in the in box folder

ml4
Joining in
jumping in on this one, with out reading other replies , i have lost emails, just gone, not visible
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ml4 thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

It looks like @coenoby has provided some very helpful advice before we've been able to respond, so thanks for that.

Can you please try the steps they have advised in both the alternative thread about this issue and also the tip for resetting your password and let us know how you get on? 

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ml4 wrote:
jumping in on this one, with out reading other replies , i have lost emails, just gone, not visible

I have created a new thread for you.

Can you clarify whether you use an email client or app (perhaps on your phone) to manage your emails or whether you use the VM Webmail account on the VM website? Or perhaps it's both?

If you do use an email app, are those emails missing from the app and also from your VM webmail account?

It would also be useful to know if the missing emails are old emails or ones you have only just received and which email folder they have disappeared from.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hello, i use emails just on my tower pc at home , not on my phone, i have a blueyonder account on the pc, which i have not accessed for a while, the reason for that , is a while ago the emails just disappeared, after that time i logged into the main virgin e mail , with all the other options, tv ,etc, my emails have not been visible, in the in box folder , this is the third time, everything else is there , no change, i thought i had somehow pressed a wrong key and deleted the contents myself. this time, the last few months i have deleted nothing . i had around 60 emails in my inbox, some i highlight for quick reference , bills, important appointments , in difference colours , yesterday , all previous email had gone , only new one visible

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ml4 

From what you say I am going to assume that you are using the VM webmail service on the VM website.

Not sure if this will help but you could try following the advice here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Emails-arriving-but-not-viewable That was the answer to someone who knew that new emails were reaching their account but just not visible. It worked for them.

Sadly, If your emails really are missing from your email account (rather than there but just not visible) then they are gone for good because VM do not keep backups.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

emails arriving ,and i can view i had 70 ish email in my inbox folder, last night ,i checked emails and had 5 new ones , everything in the in box folder had gone, this has happened before , just gone, so 70 gone, and the latest ones (5n0) last night, more this morning ,as usual, email as normal today ,

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ml4 

Ok, clearly there is something still going on with your account, possibly the default settings so I would still try following the advice in the link I posted.

That might solve your obviously ongoing issue but I admit I cannot promise. 😉

Coenoby

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ml4 

Actually, I have just had a second thought. If emails are mysteriously disappearing from your email account it could be that a hacker has gained access to your account and is deleting emails to hide that fact they are using your account.

To stop then gaining access you need to reset the password. Here's how to do it:

Sign in from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using the the VM email address and existing password.  That will take you to the relevant "My Virgin Media" account for that email address.

Then navigate to the "Account details" page by clicking on the "Update settings" tab and then you'll see the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.

You should also consider changing the "Password recovery question", the option to do that is on the same page as the password reset option.

Coenoby

Hi @ml4 thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

It looks like @coenoby has provided some very helpful advice before we've been able to respond, so thanks for that.

Can you please try the steps they have advised in both the alternative thread about this issue and also the tip for resetting your password and let us know how you get on? 

Many thanks

Tom_W