cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mailbox not available

Sedge65
Tuning in

I have exactly the same issue but have been without email since 13th September.  From 6 calls to Virgin, including second line support it appears my email was blocked due to suspicious activity (a lot of blueyonder accounts were blocked).  Most solutions are to reset the password for the email or account.  This has not worked for me (up to around 7 resets now, three of which done by Virgin support).

The latest solution was for the second line support to put in an unblock request (done on Monday) but I still cannot access the account.

I guess it will be another phone call tomorrow morning.

4 REPLIES 4

Sedge65
Tuning in

Hi Zak,

I don't believe this.  I have the same problem - locked out from Monday 13th September and no resolution.  Password rest doesn't work - confirmed by first and second line support.  Tickets raised have disappeared from your system.  The only communication of an account blocked seems to be an email from the security team advising you to run a virus scan on devices connected to your home network (although I obviously cannot see this and am just going on what Virgin support told me).

Second line support requesting an account block on Monday morning hasn't worked (told would be resolved in 24-48 hours and no need to call back).

It is getting very frustrating and seems to be a common issue that has been created.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi @Sedge65,

Welcome to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you have been unable to access your email account since mid September.  I can understand the frustration caused and want to best help. 

I have been able to access your account using forum details and I can see a ticket has been raised for our IT teams to look into this. There may be a high volume of requests hence the delay in resolution.

Our team will aim to resolve this as soon as possible. 

Thank you again for your patience,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Akua_A,

I first raised this to support on 14th September.  Unfortunately the ticket raised on 14th September was apparently not completed correctly by the Virgin Media support so was closed without being looked at!  I don't know what happened to the subsequent tickets that were raised on 17th/18th September?  So I have got to wait for 3-5 days after the last ticket raised on 23rd September to then phone back to find out what is happening.

This is awful service as the issue should have been looked at within 5 days of the original ticket on 14th September, i.e. by Tuesday 21st.  I have now got to wait until Thursday 30th October (having spent at least one working day on the phone to Virgin support).  I don't see how tickets can be ignored or closed and then just tell the customer that the new ticket has been issued but will take another 5 working days.

If you didn't have the fastest broadband speeds I would have cancelled my account a long time ago.  As soon as someone else can provide fast broadband services you are probably going to lose a lot of business from disgruntled customers.

Paul

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Sedge65

I'm so sorry to hear this, this is not the level of service we aim to provide and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I've just checked in on the ticket for you, I can see the agent you spoke with yesterday has updated the ticket with more information and this is currently assigned to a member of the the IT team who will be working hard to get this resolved for you ASAP. 

As soon as we have an update on this, we'll pop another post on this thread. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide