cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mailbox is unavailable

Craigh1
Joining in

I have been locked out of my email account on all devices since Thursday last week, called Virgin media and after 20 minutes of holding was advised the problem was with Virgin media, that there was nothing I could do,  and just to keep checking every now and again. Total pain! Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Craigh1 wrote:
Fab , thanks. That has sorted it all! Many thanks.
Why can the VM call centre not advise us to do this.

Well done.  An excellent question by the way. @ModTeam please take note!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Craigh1 

Changing the password solves this in most cases.

Sign in to your My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your account after waiting 30 minutes post back and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks, but I can’t even get into the account from the virgin media web site, as it come up with the text posted earlier in this trail of posts. There appears no way into the account to see messages or change settings.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Craigh1 The mailbox unavailable message will only appear when trying to access the VM webmail page.

You don't need to be able to access that page to change the password.

Go to this link and follow the instructions I set out:

https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Craigh1 wrote:

Well done.  An excellent question by the way. @ModTeam please take note!

Hi Craigh1,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Disappointing to hear that you did not receive the help you needed from our agents when calling in to us. 

We will certainly feed this information back to the relevant team for you. We're happy to hear that you have managed to get the email issue resolved, thanks to help of our amazing community member @Graham_A .

If you do need any further assistance in the future, please check the page here.

Kind regards Jodi.