cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mailbox is not available

katetk
Joining in

Hi,

I spent most of yesterday being told by Virgin it was a Talk Talk problem and of course Talk Talk saying it was only Virgin who could help! Does nobody want to take any responsibility these days to try to help solve a problem. I think my e-mail has been hacked as I received Mail Delivery e-mails form an address I never used and then I was blocked form my VIRGIN MEDIA account. I have changed my password and security questions but still no difference so what can be done to get me back into my e-mails. I only have the virgin.net e-mail address now but do not pay for any other products so nobody wants to know. As we all know it is so important to be able to access our e-mails for banking, personal contacts etc so can anyone out there provide a solution please?

4 REPLIES 4

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello katetk

Thanks for your post 

Bad news I am sorry to say 

We have recently found some virgin.net accout still active from when we stopped uding ASDL Broadband 

This is explained here in more detail  

Gareth_L

Hello Gareth

i just wondered would we be informed if our data given to Virgin was sold to TalkTalk in 2014 - I received no notification of this. Do you have a record of whose data was sold and when? 

For GDPR this would be good to know moving forward. 

With thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM ADSL customers were transferred to Talk Talk. The Virgin.net email domain and all associated data remained with Virgin Media. Customers were given the option of taking out a VM broadband account and retaining use of the email address.  If this option was not taken up the email account should have been closed after 12 months.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Virgin-Media-National-Switch/td-p/2550863

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Angelita wrote:

Hello Gareth

i just wondered would we be informed if our data given to Virgin was sold to TalkTalk in 2014 - I received no notification of this. Do you have a record of whose data was sold and when? 

For GDPR this would be good to know moving forward. 

With thanks

Unless you had broadband via Virgin Media ADSL, then no data would have been shared with TalkTalk.  At any rate Virgin Media retained complete control of the virgin.net email servers (they are in fact the same servers used for all four Virgin Media owned domains).

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks