cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Re: Mailbox Unavailable πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

Joellis
Joining in

Hi

i have this problem. Can someone help?  It’s been down all day and I’m not best pleased

thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Joellis
Joining in

Can someone from Virgin Media help?

Hi Joellis,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your mailbox is unavailable, I have tried to have a look for your account however was unable with the details we have for you, are you an active Virgin Media customer, is this a .COM or .NET Email account?

Regards

Paul.

Hi

I have a virgin.net email address that I’ve had for 20 years. I don’t have any other accounts with you anymore although my first mobile was with you and that account appears accessible but there’s nothing recent in it as I put my phone with another provider. 

it would appear Virgin is deleting this email account which I’m really cross about as I haven’t had any notification about this. I have been pushed around from pillar to post this morning and being told Talk Talk are responsible for it only to be told Virgin Media is responsible for it. No one can be bothered to help me. 

I am expecting correspondence from the NHS as the Virgin email address is the one registered with them. Now I can’t get anything

thoughts?  Suggestions on how to resolve this. There are a lot of people in the same boat as me and customer services appears to be non existent 

It’s all very disheartening but not unexpected to see the the good old Talk Talk are responsible answer (although by answer read outright lie) is still alive and well at VM’s offshore call centre.

That being said, even if their customer services was absolutely best in class - you’re not actually a customer are you? So not really fair to expect any service at all, wouldn’t you say?

Now if that all came over a bit harsh, it wasn’t meant but it is important to understand the reality of the situation. According to the Ts and Cs (which incidentally you agreed to and presumably understood), once you no longer have a broadband account with VM any and all email addresses should be deleted after 90 days. This often doesn’t happen and the address lingers on in a sort of zombie-like state but is always susceptible to be caught up in a periodic cleanup of old (orphaned) accounts.

There is a slight possibility that the forum team may be able to arrange strictly temporary access again if and only if the deletion process hasn’t gotten too far - but this is a bit of a long shot.

Realistically you need to be prepared for the likelihood that the email address and all of the email has now been deleted with no chance of it being reinstated.

Not very helpful. I’m not the only person this has happened to and I had no notification.  This has caused a major headache to get accounts updated with a different email address.  

Barge poles spring to mind with Virgin Media. Would never consider using them again for anything. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Joellis

Thank you once again for your post. 

We know this isn't ideal however as advised by jem101, has advised we do provide 90 days after the services have finished before we close down the email address. 

Having said all this, I am going to send you over a PM so that I can attempt to gain your temporary access to your email address. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Joellis, 

Thanks for your post. I can see you have multiple threads regarding this and we have reached out to you on your other one and sent a PM.

Please keep to one post so we can best help πŸ™‚ 

Thanks 

Zoie