cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Re: Mailbox Unavailable πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

argiel
Dialled in

I am having this problem too, with my Ntlworld account. Can you please help me resolve it?

Is there a root cause for so many people getting this issue?

On a separate note, when I called the number recommended in help for this specific issue, I was taken through all the security, and THEN told that the team is not currently working and to try another time. Would it not be considerate to customers to play this message before asking for security details?

8 REPLIES 8

argiel
Dialled in

Are you able to fix my ntlworld account too. I’ve been getting β€œmailbox unavailable” for over 24 hours

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@argiel 

Provided that the email account concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account then you will probably be able to regain access to the email addresses by changing the passwords.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your email address after at least 30 minutes then post back and the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, Graham. That has worked for all my devices.

Is there a reason why this happens in the first place?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @argiel

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I can see the advise that Graham_A has managed to resolve the issues,  I just wanted to pop past and see if everything is still working. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

very likely just to annoy us.

Changing the password did not work for me or many others it would seem, it all came back later on its own which suggests a wider problem, usually instructions like re-setting your password or unplugging your router etc are just deflections to give virgin time to sort out the real issue.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @muffmasterh

Thanks for your post πŸ™‚ 

I'm very sorry to hear this didn't help resolve the issue, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, is the 'mailbox unavailable' issue now resolved? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

To be 100% clear:

- My email is working again

- Nobody has explained why it is that people's accounts are getting locked in this way. It's not good service.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated argiel, glad it's working for you again. I'm unsure of the reasons behind this specifically but if you encounter any more problems please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Tom