cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Re: Mailbox Unavailable πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

PattyN
Tuning in

Hello,

I'm having the same issue.  I haven't been able to get into my mailbox since Friday afternoon. I left it until today in the hope that whatever is causing it would resolve itself over a day or two, but it's still happening and I keep getting the message:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

But if I ring 150, there's no way to get to anything about the mailbox. And the web "help" also doesn't have this and takes me round and round in circles.

I'd appreciate some help, please (not least because I need to make sure a message I sent on Friday to confirm an appointment was actually sent).

Thanks

Patricia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PattyN  I have moved your post to its own thread as piggy backing on other threads leads to confusion for the VM Staff (as well as being against the Forum Guidelines)

A number of customers have found that changing the password for the email account concerned clears this 'mailbox unavailable' issue.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

Wait at least half an hour before trying your email to see if this has cleared the isssue.  If not then post back here and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PattyN  I have moved your post to its own thread as piggy backing on other threads leads to confusion for the VM Staff (as well as being against the Forum Guidelines)

A number of customers have found that changing the password for the email account concerned clears this 'mailbox unavailable' issue.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

Wait at least half an hour before trying your email to see if this has cleared the isssue.  If not then post back here and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you Graham, that worked.

(Sorry for the delay in replying, but I got logged out of this forum and couldn't get back in!)

Thanks for your help.

managed to access my vm account ,have updated account passwords will wait to see if we are able to access our emails.
is this going to be an ongoing problem due to the mail box migration work ?

Well, having changed my password yesterday and got into my mailbox, it isn't working again today.  

I hope this doesn't mean that I'm supposed to change my password every day - which will get beyond tedious very quickly! (Clearly, though, there is something more serious going on at server level.)

Hmm....and now it has decided to work again!  Very odd (but phew!).