cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't access my Virgin Media emails !!!!

JoyceZT
Joining in

I cannot access my VM e-mails. I am still a customer. Called VM Saturday 7th to ask for help and was told it had been sent to Tech and would be back within 5 days. Nothing happened. Called again last Friday 13th August and the automated message stated that an engineer was on there way!! Held on to speak to an adviser and was told that the auto message was wrong, but that a technician would call me yesterday after 4pm.  No call received either on my mobile or the VM landline.  Anyone any ideas how I can get this resolved. I don’t know whether this is coincidence, but I had two landlines as well as broadband and TV package and I cancelled one of my landlines about a month ago? That might be just a red herring and nothing to do with it. I’ve been with VM/cable for at least 20 years and have the same e-mail address, which is an ntlworld.com address. Appreciate if anyone can think of anything? 🙃

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JoyceZT,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having some problems accessing your email account. May I ask what happens when you try to access it and what trouble you're having exactly? Along with this, can you confirm what other services you currently have with us?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

Thank you for your response.  I received a message with an apology on the screen every time I tried to log in, which advised me to check my credentials and try after an hour.  I called Virgin Media three times.  It started on Thursday 5th and the following day, Friday 6th August, I reported it and I was told that it would be sent to the technical team and it would be resolved within 5 days. After 5 days, it was still inaccessible. Called again and there was an auto message advising me that an engineer was on their way to me.  This was incorrect as confirmed by the adviser when I go through. This second adviser booked an appointment for someone to call me last Saturday after 4pm. They did call, but earlier and spoke to my husband. I was at work and they agreed to call again after the original 4pm.  No call received.  I rang for the third time last Monday 16th and heard the same message as I was going through the system that an engineer was on their way to me.  The adviser confirmed again that this was not the case.  By now my e-mail had been inaccessible for 11 days and I was becoming extremely anxious that it would be permanent.  This third adviser was great. She contacted tech and she then explained to me that there were many customers at the moment who had this problem and that the team were working on it and it would definitely be fixed within 48 hours. She reassured me that my e-mails had not been deleted, so nearly two full weeks and several hundred e-mails later, my e-mail came back on 18th August.  All customers need is a rational and honest explanation. The more furtive the excuses are, the more anxious we get.  

It has been inaccessible once more since then when I tried to log in and that was yesterday, which was three days after I'd got it back, but it was only a brief issue and has been back on since.

Kind regards

I also have TV and telephone. I did try and get a new box so that we could get ITV hub, but that's another story. The engineer was booked on the Saturday and then two days later I received a text advising that the engineer would not be attending due to Covid? Other work people were attending at that time, so thought this was a bit odd. When I called again, I discovered that VM were out of stock of the boxes, although they they must have had a secret supply because were able to carry out new installations, Covid or not apparently. I have been a customer for over 20 years, so it's all a bit disappointing. I may consider an upgrade later.

Thanks for the update @JoyceZT- I am glad to hear you now have access to your emails again. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Feel free to reach out to us if you need any further help.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs