cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hacked

Pompeychic
Joining in

I use a virginmedia.com email and I think I have been hacked. I had a message which I thought was from VM saying my email address was being cancelled and asking me to log in for help .I stupidly clicked the link it looked ok and it asked me to log in with my email address and password so I did and then I couldn’t get any further

I have tried to change my password but Virginmedia email won’t recognise my password .

please tell me how I can change my password so I can stop anyone using my email address 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pompeychic  Unfortunately the VM Forum Team will not be online at this time of day. They should respond to your post in the morning. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pompeychic  Unfortunately the VM Forum Team will not be online at this time of day. They should respond to your post in the morning. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst waiting for a response consider trying a password reset, Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media Should this be successful then follow the advice here, My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pompeychic, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although we are sorry to hear about the situation that's brought you to us. 

We can certainly check this out to you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs