cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HELP - Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Diamond_Dove
Joining in

My father is also having this issue - he stopped receiving his emails on his phone on Wed 22nd Dec, and when you log into the Email server online, you get this message "Your mailbox is not available at the moment."

He rang 150 as suggested on this page (https://store.virginmedia.com/unavailable.html) and spoke to several agents, but they couldn't seem to fix it and he got forwarded to a line that "may charge him an unspecified amount" to fix the problem depending on what it is, which he was understandably worried about!

He has had this account for over 20 years (@ntlworld.com address) and has not changed any settings, and as the web server version is also unavailable I am certain this is an issue at Virgin's end.  Can you help, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Diamond_Dove  Does your father have a current VM broadband account to which the email address concerned is attached?  It should show up in the Virgin Media Mail section of the My Profile tab or the Manage Accounts tab when logged into My Virgin Media account page.

If so he needs to follow the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Diamond_Dove  Does your father have a current VM broadband account to which the email address concerned is attached?  It should show up in the Virgin Media Mail section of the My Profile tab or the Manage Accounts tab when logged into My Virgin Media account page.

If so he needs to follow the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for replying. Yes, he does have a current VM broadband account attached to this email address.  (It's the only address associated with this account in Account Settings/Account Details.)

Normally he gets email via his phone app or Outlook on desktop, but both stopped working on Wednesday.  Going into the "Email" or "Virgin Media Mail" links through the online portal on the VM website directs to the "Your mailbox is not available at the moment." page.

Unfortunately the link you sent says Page Not Found for me?

Thanks.

I just googled for the thread using the name in your link and found it.  Currently reading - thanks.

I believe the call centre already tried changing his password for him, although that didn't appear to work, which is when he got forwarded onto the "unknown amount of charges" line...

He managed to get through to another operator that reset his password properly - he's in OK now, and hasn't lost any emails!

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for the update and for the update, glad to hear he is now able to access his Emails, if you do have any further issues/ Questions do not hesitate to reach back out?

Regards

Paul.