cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Emails Disappeared

bcribb
Joining in

This has already happened to me.  My passport photo was emailed to me and somehow was in the archive folder. When I tried to move it to indbox it disappered completely.  I need this email as it has my electronic passport photo so please can I have it back. I am using webmail (blueyonder) by the way.

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A possible explanation for why the email appeared under Archive/2022 folder is that on delivery to Inbox folder it was selected when archive shortcut key 'A' was accidental pressed.

Regrettably if the missing email cannot be found elsewhere within the mailbox then it is considered unrecoverable.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The lesson here is to never leave important documents in an online email folder.  Always copy them into a file somewhere offline under your own control. 

Email is what the name suggests - a mail system.  It's not a permanent filing cabinet and shouldn't be relied upon as one. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

No.  The email was in the archive folder before I found it, so it was never clicked on before then.  

No, its not practical for forever downloading emails.  The letter box on my house is my inbox.  The postman should not put my post in the bin or down the drain instread. Your analogy is incorrect. Either Virgin should give me back my lost mail and/or they should admit they have a bug in their system that needs fixing.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No. 

Once the Post Office has put the letters through your door, it's up to you to pick them up off the mat and look after them.  If they lose them on the way, you have a complaint.

The Post Office don't keep copies of all your letters so that you can have them delivered again as often as you want. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi bcribb,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your emails. 

If the mail has been deleted then we would be unable to recover this. 

Our apologies again. 

^Martin