cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email accounts locked

HRDTriumph
On our wavelength

I am in the same position and told it may take 5 days to resolve!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, me too! We finally worked it out last night. Such a shame that Virgin failed to mention the important part of changing your password

Glad you have your emails back. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

HRDTriumph
On our wavelength

I can no longer access my email via the Virgin web mail service or with my mobile phone or my Thunderbird application. This has happened in the past and the servers had to be reset. This time the operator tells me it has been ticketed for IT to look at it and it could take up to 5 days, Obviously changing the password on the web mail service did not work. I am very frustrated having been withNTL and then Virgin  for 20 years.

HRDTriumph
On our wavelength

Me too now in to my second day without email access; the help operator on the phone assures me the problems has been tagged for "IT" but could take 5 days! There are two issues in my opinion..... password change does not give access to web mail but I am also not being able to send and receive emails from my mobile or my two pc's and I think the main problem is with access to the imap and smpt servers.. This has happened before over the past few years and previous support involved changing these two server passwords.

I suspect that efficiency measures under the virgin/O2 merger have removed much of the support we used to experience or is it a process to remove ntl addresses.... I have been using my ntl address for some 20 years.

Please somebody help me as my business is suiffering

Vic

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry @HRDTriumph please can you also test your email address to verify whether or not your issue has been resolved?

Regards

Lee_R

HRDTriumph
On our wavelength

I changed my password in "my profile" and also had to provide my imap/smtb server pass word and it finally worked.

What a relief that it seems to work

Vic

HRDTriumph
On our wavelength

I successfully changed my password in "my profile" and had to enter my server password and it actually owrked so I coul;d then read yoy email. It did not work before though!

Vic

Yes, me too! We finally worked it out last night. Such a shame that Virgin failed to mention the important part of changing your password

Glad you have your emails back. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Morning both.

Really glad to hear that you both have your emails back.

If we are able to assist you further then please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Zak_M