cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email Problems

donmcaneny
Joining in

Email [Removed] down since 10 August. Won't work on any device or when trying through VM website. 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please try again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all devices'.

Contacted VM twice no success. Advised to post on here by VM twitter. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@donmcaneny wrote:

'Your mailbox is not available at the moment."

Just to let you know that i have informed that Forum Moderators and requested them to edit you post to remove your email address. Posting your email address on an open forum is not good at all. It may well already have been picked up by a spambot (software that harvests email addresses that appear on the internet. They then bombard those addresses with spam. So expect a lot more spam than usual coming your way. 😉

Regarding your problem. That error message means that Virgin Media have locked your email account because they have identified suspicious activity on it. That means your email account may well have been hacked. 😮

You may well be able to unlock it yourself without help from VM. Use this link to reset your email address https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password Enter your email address as the Username and follow the prompts.

If you can successfully reset the password, leave it at lest 30 minutes before trying to access the account or check your emails on your devices.

if you can regain  access, I would strongly suggest that you need to carry out all the steps here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked to secure the account.

On the other hand, if you cannot reset the password, or regain access, then provided you are still a VM broadband customer, one of the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support the forum) will be able to get it sorted for you. It may take them  a day or so to catch up with your post but they will contact you via this forum and take your details by Private Message.

I hope that helps. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello donmcaneny

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear the mailbox is unavailable

Have you followed the advice given above?

If so did it help or do we need to look at this in more detail

Gareth_L