cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Delete old ntlworld email accounts

Shelagh6
Joining in

Please could you delete two ntlworld email accounts for us too.  Shall I post them on here, or will you contact me directly?

We have to monitor them as our phone company (Vodaphone) sends our bills to them - even though we have changed our email addresses on our live accounts.  Very annoying.  Also there are all sorts of very nasty spam emails being sent, and possibly the account is being hacked.  We can't log on to the accounts online to check or change anything, we can only put the email address and password into our mail app.

Please please please sort this out, as hopefully when the accounts are closed any emails to them will bounce back so that the sender will know they are dead accounts.

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Shelagh6, 

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We can certainly help you with the query,  just before we ask you in for a private message to take all your details can confirm if you still have an active account with us?

If you do and the email you are requesting to be deleted is your primary email address, this cannot be done. We can only delete secondary email accounts if you have an active account with us.

If the account is a former account and you are no longer a customer we can get both email addresses deleted for you.

Please can you let me know of the above and we can assist your further.

Kind regards Jodi, 

Hi again,

We used to be customers of Ntlworld which was replaced by Virginmedia - but since we moved we had no choice but to move to another provider. So no, we are not currently customers and no, these email accounts are not our primary ones!

Thanks for your prompt reply. We look forward to hearing from you via direct messaging.

Many thanks for coming back to me Shelagh6.

As you are no longer a customer with us I will happily get a request put through for both your old NTLworld email accounts to be deleted for you.

I will get an IT ticket raised for you and this normally take between 7-10 working days.

I will pop you over a private message  to take some details from you so I can get this arranged.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Shelagh6,

Just a quick note to advised I have now raised the IT ticket for you to have both email addresses deleted. As advised this will take 7-10 working days, possibly longer in the current circumstances.

I have sent you over your IT reference number privately incase you want any updates with this.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for your help,

The accounts have now been deleted!