cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cant access email

Setanta12
Joining in

Hello 

I have the same problem my email has suddenly become inaccessible can you send me the info on how to get access to it even temporarily.

18 REPLIES 18

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Setanta12,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you are unable to access your email address. 

To confirm, do you have a active Virgin Media Broadband account?

^Martin

no I don't have a current Virgin Account.

I should have mentioned that I did have a Virgin account but closed it some about 6 months ago. Virgin kept mailing me bills either for the balance or for a month's service. It was only withing the last week that I have been unable to access my account at ntlworld.com

Hi Setanta12,

Thank you for reaching back out and for confirming you no longer have an account with us, once you cancel with us your Email can de deleted around 6 weeks later, it can take a little longer, apologies if you weren't aware of this.

Regards

Paul.

Yes that's all very well but Virgin kept sending me a bill for money that I didn't owe, namely the balance that I owed to clear my account and then the standard monthly bill that I would normally have paid. I didn't cancel my account as I was worried that if I did I would have no proof that my account was clear. So how can I get access to the emails that I had stored and my address book?

Thanks for your reply @Setanta12, apologies I am just a bit confused as to what the status is of your account. You had mentioned in one post that it has been closed and in your last post you advised you didn't cancel your account.

Did you have your account cancelled or is this still active? If you have an active account this email is attached to, we can then see if we can get you access to the emails.

If you account is indeed closed then we would not be able to reactivate an email address once it has been closed.

Please let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I closed my account and switched to BT. But I kept receiving emails from Virgin to [REMOVED]@ntlworld.com The emails contained a bill for Virgin's service. They either took the form of a request for payment of the balance that I owed at the time od my request to close the account ot a request for 1 full month's payment. Regards,

Dominic

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Setanta12 I have asked the moderator to remove your email address from the post as private info should not be posted on a public website.

Checking the email address via an online email checker shows that the address is still active on VM servers so it hasn't been fully deleted yet.  However as @Nathan_B  has said as you are no longer a VM customer they are unlikely to be able to regain access for you. The best they are likely to be able to do is ensure that it is fully deleted from their systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us Setanta12, I could take a look into this for you but as Graham_A advised that as you have already left us, the best that we can do is to arrange for the mailbox to be fully deleted. Would you like me to get this arranged for you? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L