cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot send email - error message: Blacklisted IP address

mushr00m
Tuning in

I've had the exact same problem for the last 6 weeks and it's still not resolved. I was told by the customer service team that my IP would be automatically changed on the 13th August . That deadline has come and gone and still still got the same IP address. I've restarted the wifi box a few ties and it still churns out the same IP. I've been on mx toolbox and it says the same. Blocked by SORBS DUHL and Spamhaus ZEN.  I've run wireshark for days on end with nothing showing in the log for rogue spam being sent from port 110.

What do you have to do to get assigned a new IP address ?

33 REPLIES 33

I now get an email from Virgin Media saying this

Hello,

We're unable to deal with your request via this email address.

To find an answer to your question or query please go to:

For Virgin Media - virginmedia.com/help

For Virgin Mobile - virginmobile.co.uk/help

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Hi @jd030d9363,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. We understand your concern. 

I can see you are currently in contact with a member of our team regarding this. Please remain in contact with them as they will do their best to help resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @mushr00m

Thanks for getting back to me via pm. I'm very happy that our Internet Security team have lifted the blacklist and that things are working for you now.

Please don't hesitate to drop back to the forums if there's anything we can assist with in the future.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. My Router got a new IP address about 6 weeks ago and from that point on I cannot send emails because the mail server says my new IP-Address is on a blacklist. I even turned off the router for a week when I went on holiday, hoping to get a new IP-Address when I turned on again (no such luck).

I tried ringing the normal customer support number and have been bounced around for 6 weeks with no result.

Who do I need to contact please to get this resolved?

Kind Regards,
Richard

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MrStreet,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to see you are having issues with sending emails as your IP address has been blacklisted.

I would like to get this sorted for you. I shall send you a PM now to obtain the details required, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena, I was advised to start a new post rather than piggy back on someone else's (solved) thread, so I have and Gareth_L is helping me out on that thread. Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway!

Hi @MrStreet,

Thank you for the update. I'm confident that my colleague will be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Molly / Forum Team /  /

This has been happening to me too. 

My IP is blacklisted at SORBS DUHL, Spamhaus ZEN, UCEPROTECTL2 & L3. 

I went to SORBS.NET and the last blacklisting activity for the IP was 2008. I run my Virgin Hub in Modem Mode and have a Deco Router. I did manage to use the MAC Clone setting in the router to change the MAC address of the router, restart both the router and VM modem, this gave me a new IP which was still blocked in the same way. 

The reason this is a problem is that it is preventing my email client connecting to my domain SMTP server. My email client connects to both Apple and Google SMTP servers fine, it is just my domain email server. 

I've run malware bytes etc. and I don't think it is anything we've done this end. Like I said above, the last occurance for the DUHL listing type was 19 Dec 2008 on SORBS.NET.

Any help much appreciated as it's driving me nuts not being able to send emails from my domain server. 

Don't hold your breath. It's been, what, nearly 3 months or more since I first reported this and I'm still waiting for someone to sort it out.

I don't run a mail server, so I've gradually moved all my stuff over to a gmail address and I'm using that now instead.

Hello MrStreet

I still am looking into this for you

Sorry for the delay 

Its proving a bit more tricky than I first Imagined it to be 

Gareth_L