cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't unlock email account

stevem999
Up to speed

I'd like to add myself to this one too please. Can't access email on any of my usual devices, when logging into mail account on here it tells me that my account isn't available. Have reset my password as per advice on here and still doesn't work. Really can't afford to be without my email. Can anyone help please?

I should also note the irony that VM say they will advise customers by email if they have been locked out of their email account because of Spam or similar activity. Erm.......

12 REPLIES 12

Yeah, my email has been locked out and wanted to try changing password and also getting error to say the details are wrong (they aren't, triple checked). Also just found that the VM password reset function no longer recognises my security answer and DOB, so completely stuck.

Hi stevem999, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue accessing your mailbox. 

I appreciate you've already tried a password change but please follow the steps laid out in this thread here. Make sure the password you choose is something completely new and nothing you've used before. 

Once you've done that, wait an hour and see if you can log in. If you're still unable to, or have any further issues, just let us know by posting back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yeah, so I got a slapped wrist on another thread for posting in more than one thread (yeah, that happens when people are fed up and not getting answers and want to vent their frustration in association with other schmucks with the same problem). Anyway thanks for reading and then seemingly ignoring my post. I clearly stated that the password had been changed and carried out a full AV check on all devices. Even changed the passwords on linked VM mailboxes just for extra levels of "fun".

The email did eventually start working again. Then you sent me a message a day later saying that my email had been compromised and suspended. Nightmare thinks I.  But then I worked out that it actually related to the previous day when I got zero notice of my email being suspended -

Question - why do you send emails after the event but written in present tense?

Question - why do you send emails at all when the message is to tell you that your email is suspended - do you see the problem?

Question - what has VM changed recently that is suddenly creating so many occasions in recent weeks when customers emails are being suspended and you had to create a sticky thread to deal with it?

Question - why are VM's password requirements so lacking in mandatory complexity? Might that be why accounts are 'hacked'?

Question - if I carried out a full AV scan on all devices on one day, and changed my mail passwords to entirely new, randomly generated passwords at the same time, why would my email be 'hacked' the following day and suspended again?

Look forward to the answers.

Thanks