cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't unlock email account

stevem999
Up to speed

I'd like to add myself to this one too please. Can't access email on any of my usual devices, when logging into mail account on here it tells me that my account isn't available. Have reset my password as per advice on here and still doesn't work. Really can't afford to be without my email. Can anyone help please?

I should also note the irony that VM say they will advise customers by email if they have been locked out of their email account because of Spam or similar activity. Erm.......

12 REPLIES 12

stevem999
Up to speed

Just started having this same problem this evening. Password has been reset as per the sticky post but nothing. Logging into account through here just returns a message to say my account is unavailable.

Really can't afford to be without my email. Can anyone help please?

Screenshot_20210922-205858_Chrome.jpg

stevem999
Up to speed

Hi, just wondered if any VM staff could assist with this one please? The general feedback on here from phoning up seems poor with days and days of calls, missed callbacks and still an absence of access so hoping someone here might be able to assist. Thanks

So had a chat this evening with the uber-polite Mitchell on VM customer service. Nice to talk to but apart from telling me my email was 'locked', he couldn't assist and has to flag for the CMS Team (but he couldn't tell me what that stood for 🙂 

So he says it will take up to 5 working days to be allowed back in. What world are we in for 5 working days to be needed to rectify an issue created by them? If my password was hacked, then a change of password should rectify it immediately and locks the hackers out, but that won't work, so it must be VM systems. If so many accounts are being hacked (or rather seem to be receiving a tonne of spam) then maybe put some human resource into it?

So has anyone found any way to speed this up? Forum staff don't seem to find my posts! Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team work through posts in a strict order.  I would anticipate that they will reach this thread tomorrow morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Graham_A wrote:

The VM Forum Team work through posts in a strict order.  I would anticipate that they will reach this thread tomorrow morning.

@Graham_A tick, tick, tick. Still nothing but lots of posts made since this one have had responses.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It should have been picked up by now so I will escalate it to the Community Moderators.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you. Appreciate your help.

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, stevem999,

CMS is just another term for IT, they specifically deal with customer account or Customer Management.   I've sent you a private message to confirm your account details so I can take a look at your email mailbox.

Cheers,

Corey C

Update: I can't even get into my VM account using the new password created this morning in order to check that the mailbox is unavailable so it seems that my entire account is locked out, not just my email. Good work Virgin.

Forum team - your assistance would be appreciated please.