cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't login to ntlworld email

DSkea
Joining in

Hi I have the same problem i have had my ntlworld account for years and dont want to give it up - i cant sign in anymore via virgin media email 

I keep getting error message “We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again.”? Verbatum by the way

The address is linked to an active broadband account; I tried the forgotten email or password links, neither of these worked.

the email address in question should be primary i.e. only email on the account 

go to My Virgin Media > My Profile > Manage accounts .............I tried this no access 

sign in with the primary account authentication credentials

change the secondary account password by selecting View/Change - cant do this

Can you raise this with IT for me please and get Virgin to re-link the email to the account?

Ive even tried to use outlook to login with details below still no access! Please help 

I have had this [Removed] for over 15 years.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DSkea wrote:

the email address in question should be primary i.e. only email on the account 

go to My Virgin Media > My Profile > Manage accounts .............I tried this no access 

sign in with the primary account authentication credentials

Can you raise this with IT for me please and get Virgin to re-link the email to the account?

One of the Forum Team(VM employees) who support this forum will get to this thread in a day or so and take your details securely via the Forum's private message (PM) facility. If they cannot resolve it themselves they will get it actioned by the appropriate team.

However, before they get here it would be useful if you could  post back and clarify a couple of things for the Forum Team.

1) In the part of your post I have quoted above, when you say "tried this no access" are you saying that you cannot access your "My Virgin Media" account either?

2) If that is the case, is there any possibility that your ntlworld.com address was the primary address for an earlier VM broadband contract that you had at some point. Perhaps you moved house but stayed with Virgin or perhaps you left Virgin for a while before you rejoining.

If that is the case your ntllworld account may not have been attached to the new contract.

If that is not the case and the ntlworld address is your primary account there is something more fundamentally wrong with your VM account.

The Forum Team will take a look at this, all I'm trying to do here is to give them a head start by helping to clarifying exactly what the issue and the background is.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DSkea thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're unable to access your email address.  I would like to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a quick private message.

Regards

Lee_R