cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with @ntlworld.com in Outlook, also cant login to VM

Fridaysfigers
Joining in

Hi,

As of Thursday I haven't been able to access my NTL email through Outlook.com. I received an email from Microsoft saying they don't have permission to get my NTL Email.

I tried going into their settings and check or change anything but to no avail, with a message of update failed when trying to update it.

Having read a few posts covering this type of issue that other users are having I think I know what my problem is.

I left VM a while ago and I am reading that the email that I have had for 22 years of service with VM closes if you leave. I was also told by my new provider that my email would not be a problem (but they would say that I guess). I haven't been able to log in to my online account understandably as I'm no longer a customer.

I had some sort of hack/scam a week or so ago stating my email address and password and asking for money etc, and started receiving other dodgy mail so started the tedious job of changing all email, logins etc to a new email client and using a password manager.

I'm presuming that VM has closed my NTL account as not a customer anymore but can I put a request in to open the account for a short period, maybe 2 weeks to enable me to complete my change over please.

Kind regards

Andy

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Fridaysfigers 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the email issues. As you've mentioned it's a former account email, there maybe nothing we can do. 

I'll send you a PM to confirm either way though.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining us on PM @Fridaysfigers 

Do pop back to the Forums if you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill