Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems sending email using a mail client

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

If you're unable to send email through your mail client at the moment, and are receiving a message that says Authentication Credentials Invalid (VM300) could you please try changing your password for that address in My Virgin Media.

We're keen to see if this helps at all after we've carried out some work on the problem. Once you've updated the password, you'll need to update it in your mail client as well.

If the password change DOESN'T work, please post below to let us know. Please provide the following:

• Error Message seen in your mail client
  • Timestamp of the error

If your issue isn't related to a password error when sending email, please post a new thread so the Forum Team can look into things for you.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

132 REPLIES 132

Malibu46
Tuning in
Yes changing not only the password but also the identity name works. HOWEVER this could have been done quicker and cause less inconvenience had it been possible to access MY Profile which was down for nearly a week....Your technicians need a review of their actions as their upgrade caused significant problems for many of your users....

Sorry. I haven't seen anyone answer me for help. 

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Go to your original thread here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Re-No-email-access-since-13-June/td-p/4008568

You should be watching that one and not jumping in on other's threads.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sophiemilne
Joining in

I am getting mailbox unavailable at the moment?? 

Then you are in the wrong thread. Read your thread for what you need to do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

mabel
Tuning in

I am using Windows 7 and Win Livemail 2011 client email that has worked perfectly since 2011 until yesterday.

I have POP and I map secondary a/cs. As my main a/c is ntlworld I am a long standing customer.

Have 2 secondary imap a/cs under Livemail 2011  a client a/c for win 7;;..

One a/c works perfectly sends and receives.

2nd a/c receives but will not send. from yesterday; I have checked and they have same connection. out 465 in 993.

I reset a new password, made no difference.

I never require a password to log on to emails. ;; so again one works as it should and the 2nd now decides I need to log on.

I get a error message saying unable to send or receive due to Header download for sent folder did not complete.

As the1st ac one works and this worked for years what has happened?? I have not changed anything till today when I followed your suggestion to change the  password.

I never change settings as till now all worked perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mabel

Mikepond
Tuning in

I am unable to send emails only receive them on my iPad and get the message: 

cannot send mail username or password for mi..........ntlworld.com is incorrect. 

Today at 12.55

i have tried resetting password but makes no difference.

phoned helpline but were not able to help 

Hi guys, sorry to hear you're still having issues.

Can you send/receive emails? Is it all working fine when accessing on our webmail service? 

If you can, please remove and readd your email account to see if this resolves the problem.

Many thanks,

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I can receive emails but not send them. I have removed and re added my email account but no change. This is via my home router using iPad or iPhone.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mikepond 

Try the advice here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-D...

Post back here and let us know what happens.

Tim