Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems sending email using a mail client

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

If you're unable to send email through your mail client at the moment, and are receiving a message that says Authentication Credentials Invalid (VM300) could you please try changing your password for that address in My Virgin Media.

We're keen to see if this helps at all after we've carried out some work on the problem. Once you've updated the password, you'll need to update it in your mail client as well.

If the password change DOESN'T work, please post below to let us know. Please provide the following:

• Error Message seen in your mail client
  • Timestamp of the error

If your issue isn't related to a password error when sending email, please post a new thread so the Forum Team can look into things for you.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

132 REPLIES 132

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@woofie 

Have you checked all your devices?

Here is the CBL entry:

https://www.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=86.15.224.60

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

yep still not working.

My missus uses her laptop from home as well using outlook as email client on pop.

But shes away working next 2 days and has her laptop with her.

why do you need my IP address ?

Cheers Steve

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I wasn’t asking for yours.

I was asking for shopshopshop’s IP address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm going to lay it straight.  Neither @woofie  nor @shopshopshop should have had a new hub thrown at them to solve this email problem.

If shopshopshop's IP address is NOT on the CSS, then the Form Team should be escalating this to see WHY he is still getting a VM305 error.

In woofies case.  The network problem appears to be incidental, and again a reboot of the hub should have fixed the wifi error - BUT it would not allow him to send emails as his IP address is on the CSS so attempts to send would definitely be blocked with VM305.  Woofie needs to make sure that his network is clear of malware and then delist his IP address.  However if the malware remains on the network - then the IP address will end up being listed again.

Also if woofie DOES get a new hub and their is malware on their network, then all that will happen is that the new IP address will end up being blacklisted and he'll be back to square one.

Tim

Hi Tim,

OK I understand. just had this message from my bt email address after trying to send again from outlook:

Sending reported error (0x800CCC78)
Cannot send the message. Verify the email address in your account properties.
The server responded:522, sorry we couldn’t send your message. The network address your device has been assigned is on an industry blacklist to prevent spam. The problem should be addressed by your network service provider. Please try again or use webmail

My devices are clean, except I have to run virus/malware checks on the wifes when shes home tomorrow.

Im managing to send emails by using my phone as a hotspot. But I need to be able to use outlook as I work from my laptop.

Can we have a chat about clearing my IP address of this problem ?

Cheers Steve

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm going to drop you a PM

Click the envelope at the top right.

Tim

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kev_B 

Someone needs to take a closer look at @shopshopshop ‘s issue.

Based on the PM he’s sent me this morning, he’s NOT GETTING a VM305 error.  He is in fact getting a VM300 error (username or password invalid).

Now assuming that the username and password are definitely identical for incoming and outgoing in settings.  (shopshopshop can you confirm this?) then it looks like this is another LDAP sync issue.

Hi,

Everything seems to be working.

🙂

Woofie

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have any more issues, please post back.

Hi,

Having the same problem again.

error message this time in outlook:

send reported error (0x800CCC92) your email server rejected your login, verify u/n amd p/w in account settings. 

Done all this everything is ok.   Can again send/receive using mobile as a hotspot.

My wife has been using an app on her laptop called team viewer as she works with a company in Oxford and this company uses this as it enables people working away from the office to access documents etc.

I have deleted this app from her laptop yesterday, just wondering if this was the problem as she has only recently started using it.

But virgin need to do something to stop their servers getting blacklisted

Any thoughts ?