Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems sending email using a mail client

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

If you're unable to send email through your mail client at the moment, and are receiving a message that says Authentication Credentials Invalid (VM300) could you please try changing your password for that address in My Virgin Media.

We're keen to see if this helps at all after we've carried out some work on the problem. Once you've updated the password, you'll need to update it in your mail client as well.

If the password change DOESN'T work, please post below to let us know. Please provide the following:

• Error Message seen in your mail client
  • Timestamp of the error

If your issue isn't related to a password error when sending email, please post a new thread so the Forum Team can look into things for you.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

132 REPLIES 132

Also now when I connect to the wifi I get this message from Microsoft
"this wifi uses an older security standard. we recommend connecting to a different network"

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are five Virgin Media routers

Virgin Media hub
Superhub 1
Superhub 2
Superhub 2ac
Superhub 3

Which one?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HUB 3.0

shopshopshop
On our wavelength

Come back now after a few weeks from home. Had a laptop and mobile with me and using non-Virgin ISPs had no problem sending and receiving Virgin emails. Come back home and now every single Virgin account is not downloading, receiving or sychronizing in Outlook.

I have a SuperHub 2.

Have done the spamhaus check, no issues at all.

What is going on?

Hi,

Ive requested a new hub/router which they are sending out today.

I hope this sorts the problem out.

I can use outlook perfectly well at starbuck, and my daughters house, so it is defo a virgin problem.

They are not acknowledging it.

Steve

Had similar problems a few months ago. I could send using my mobile tether and on other  networks etc. I concluded it must be a VM problem. It wasn't though. The IP address of my router had been blacklisted (a reputation score issue with one of the many reputation scoring sites). It went away after a few days. Someone from Community support was very helpful and talked me through the error in the conclusion I had drawn....

So Gazza,

what do you suggest I do ??

New router coming, will that sort it ?

Cheer steve

Hi - the Superuser who helped me was ravenstar68. It is clear that there are many issues that can create problems like yours (and ours). So I would not presume to advise. Can you see the dialogue we had on 22/6/19? Is the new virgin modem you are receiving going to be your router also? Reason I ask is that mine wasn't - I have a Netgear router as well as the Virginhub which operates purely as a modem/hub. It was my netgear router IP that was blacklisted with Spamhaus and CSS. It is very frustrating, I know. I would see what happens with the replacement hub. If that doesn't work, try and seek out ravenstar68 for his expertise and advice. He knows what he is talking about! Good luck.

Yeah it is a router.
Ravensstar68 already given me a few hints.
I just threatened to cancel my whole broadband/tv etc if they didn't send a new one.

Their help line is hopeless, I know more than they do.
Cheers Woof

Glad to know ravenstar68 has input. Agree about VM "help". Wish I had adopted gm,ail as my standard email address years ago....