cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Sending Email to a @sky.com Address

Mr_Crabbit
Dialled in

Hello,

Yesterday an old friend asked me to send him a couple of PDF files, which I duly did. He phoned about an hour later asking me if I'd sent them as he hadn't received them. I assured him that they had gone and that I'd had a reply to an email I'd sent after his, I was confident things were alright at my end. I asked him to check any Spam or Junk Mail folders he may have at his end. He said there was nothing there. I sent the files again using my @ntlworld.com address and he still didn't get them. Next I sent him an email without attachments in case they were the issue, still no luck in getting through. He asked his daughter to send him a message to test his connectivity, hers arrived. I forwarded the files to my wife's work address and asked her to forward them on in turn. This she did and he finally got them. Meanwhile I received an email from my friend's @sky.com address. I replied to it but it remains AWOL. None of my emails to him have been bounced back.

Questions are, is Sky blocking incoming email from Virgin Media domain names and is there anything I can do to try to get email through to him?

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mr_Crabbit wrote:

Questions are, is Sky blocking incoming email from Virgin Media domain names and is there anything I can do to try to get email through to him?

The answers are:

1) There have been other reports on this forum where people are finding their VM emails to Sky.com addresses are going missing, so it is possible VM emails are being blocked for some reason.

2) Regarding a work around. Did you send the Ntlworld emails from an app on your phone or an email client such as Microsoft Outlook? If you did, you could try sending them directly from your Webmail account on the VM website - sign in from here  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and see if those arrive in your friend's inbox.

Failing that the only immediate work around is to set up a non VM email account and use that. You can create a Gmail account here https://accounts.google.com/signup/v2/webcreateaccount?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=SignUp 

In view of the fact that something is clearly amiss with the VM / Sky email systems I have escalated your post to the VM team.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Mr_Crabbit and I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to send E-Mails to a particular Sky E-Mail account

Are you able to provide answers to the questions posted by @coenoby?

Can you also advise me if you've been able to E-Mail any alternative Sky addresses to see if these are able to get through - either with the PDF documents or without any attachments added?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David_Bn & coenoby,

The messages were send from the current version of MS Outlook which is as up to date as it can be. I've sent him attachment free messages from my VM & Gmail accounts using Apple Mail on my mobile phone and have yet to get a reply. Will try the web mail options next.

Regards,

Mr_Crabbit

Hi Mr_Crabbit,

Can you try 2 email tests please:

1. Can you send directly using our webmail service and not from Outlook
  2. Can you request a delivery receipt when you send from Outlook

Let me know how it works for either?

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey C

Messages were sent last night using web mail. A telephone call confirmed that messages were received, although the recipient didn't know if they were from my phone or web mail or both! He could see them but didn't take the time to read them or reply to them as I requested. I'll see him in person later today and try to find the answers as to what works and what doesn't.

Regards,

Mr_Crabbit

Thanks for your reply and update, Mr_Crabbit,

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Cheers,

Corey C