Menu
egas
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Problem with Blueyonder pri/sec accounts.

Hi, hopefully someone can help with these issues please.

Basically, I needing and trying to reset all my passwords on my multiple Blueyonder accounts.

I have been able to reset the password on what I thought was the main primary account, I had to reset the password to log into my account on the website, relevant later. From reading around it seems I should be able to reset the passwords for the secondary accounts from the same place, My Profile. No other emails are visible though. Looking in My Account, where I think the bills should be it says "This is a secondary account". OK, so that confirms it's not the primary account.

Then I tried logging into virgin media through one of the other accounts. I don't know the password so I followed the 'forgot password' link and get the following error message:

"Sorry, we can't reset your password

Please contact X X, who can sign in and reset your password online for you. Once you've got your new password, you'll be able to sign in to My Virgin Media and choose a security question and answer. This means that in the future you'll be able to reset your password quickly and easily yourself."

Ok, that makes sense, but X X is obviously my name and the name on (what I thought was) the primary email, and the account that I was previously able to reset the password for, by following the same link. I don't understand how I can reset the password for an account that is apparently not the primary account yet not be able to reset the password for another account, that also isn't the primary account.

I'm trying to reset all the passwords and I think either I don't know what actual the primary account is (but why could I reset the password?) or the actual primary account isn't entirely recognized as that, and there's an issue.

Any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problem with Blueyonder pri/sec accounts.

You can check what the Primary username is via the forgotten username link:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

egas
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with Blueyonder pri/sec accounts.

Thanks so much, that's worked.
0 Kudos