Menu
voo7hees
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problem deleting Spam from my Phone

For the last few weeks my Android phone Virgin Email account wont stop Spam from coming , it keeps sending them but worse , I swipe to delete them and they come straight back , swipe to delete again and they come right back , sometimes it can take 3 to 4 times before they finally disappear? Why is that? surely if they eventually get deleted why not first time? I have started to use the 'Report Spam' feature on the 'Three dots top right side' but to no effect , they simply re appear for about 3 to 4 times again , they are not been identified as Spam , the reporting of them is a complete waste of my time as well.

This is a reasonable new thing as well , before my Phone account more or less was the same as my Computer version which sends a lot of these into the Spam folder first (although even that seems to get progressively worse each week).

This all started a year or two back when Virgin changed there servers from what they used to what they now use.

Any ideas , especially phone wise what I can do.

Cheers

Rob

0 Kudos
voo7hees
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem deleting Spam from my Phone

TTT

0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@voo7hees wrote:

Any ideas

I think that the basic problem you are seeing is simply that Virgin Media email users have seen a massive increase in the number of spam emails over the last week or so.Smiley Sad

You can read here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Spam-Email-sysprem-com/td-p/3924528

and here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/How-to-report-spam-emails/td-p/3927427

As far as your specific issues with your phone. You don't say whether you are accessing your email on your phone by using an email app or by signing directly into the VM webmail system (as you do on your computer).

Either way, your incoming emails are going to a single email account at VM and your phone and your computer are both accessing the same account. Any spam emails will be going to both devices.

Regarding your comment about reporting spam being a waste of time. The VM spam filters are certainly not fast learners but again the issue is the same whether you use your phone or computer to mark emails as spam.

Without being able to see what you are doing, the problem of being unable to delete a group of emails on your phone could just  be down to the difficulties and limitations of using a small touch screen.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
voo7hees
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi
many thanks for replying

The email client I use is the default Gmail client App , the one that looks like a big red M

Obviously set up my Virgin account on there , works perfectly well apart from the problem with increased Spam which we have been told about , my problem is that when I swipe left or right to remove an email ( Swipe is set for delete not archive) they just for the majority all come straight back , I swipe them again and same thing , it can take 3 to 4 goes before they go away for good , the exact same thing happens when I highlight all the Spam ones and click 'Report Spam' , they are deleted for a few seconds then the majority all come back , once again it can take 3 to 4 goes before fully removing from phone.
0 Kudos