cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing VM (ntlworld) email in Mac

BEF
Up to speed

Hi, I have been trying for two years but the only way I can successfully print out an email, which looks like the original, is to copy and paste the email content into a new TextEdit file and print it from there?

Otherwise, the printout will show all the unwanted "sender" information and have missing words on some of the longer length lines.

I have tried the VM "save as file" cure but this just saves it to another file that seems to be an unprintable Safari (.eml) file? I am about to give up altogether and try moving to Outlook...

3 REPLIES 3

ALF28
Super solver

PRINTING OF EMAILS.

I do not have a mac, but my windows laptop can print from virgin web mail perfectly.

I also use outlook and gmail web versions and they all print and tablet bluemail, all print OK

What you describe sound like you are printing the full screen, which will have missing text on the line ends, so ensure when you print you select the email print option from the emil menu usually three dots ar 3 red bars typically.

If the mac mail can not print then use web mail by logging into the virgin web page or use an email client or app  to view the virgIn email by setting up the account.

I much prefer web email as it always works well and prints as well.

I also have gmail and outlook emails, all print perfectly, you should not be needing to copy/paste to a document in order to print.

Hope that helps, try a few alternative methods rather than mac email, if it will not print properly, do not print the screen, find the print option from the menu.

Some browsers have printer settings,check safari settings.

Set your printer options also to preview so you can see what is about to print and check printer settings, that could also be the issue if you are not printing full size or wrong size paper selected.

alf28

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Kudos to @ALF28's diagnosis.

In webmail select the message to print and then > Print. To print the eml file press Ctrl + mouse click to select the file,  then from pop-up menu  Open With > Mail and in the preview the Print icon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your help! I think that sorted it.