cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing PDF attachments on Emails

ursa_major
Tuning in

I am unable to print PDF files sent to me as attachments when using Virgin Media E mail. I found reference to this problem in a now closed thread from 2020 but there was no solution listed. I have a link established so that I can open my ntl e mail in my windows G mail account and PDF attachments will print from there. I don't want to have to use 2 separate systems. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

asim18
Fibre optic

I'm guessing you are viewing the PDF within the email?

There should be a button to download the PDF file and save it to your computer. This might make it easier to print it as you can simply open the file with chrome, or other PDF viewer such as Adobe Reader, and print it.

Always make sure any attachments are from a trusted source before downloading.

That seems to work. Bit of a work round but thanks.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Use browser's built-in PDF viewer to print:

1. select to display attachments
  2. select ⁝☰ to switch to list view of attachments
  3. select the PDF attachment
  4. from pop-up menu select Open in browser
  5. select the built-in PDF viewer's print icon

2021-10-19.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks all - now sorted. There was a pop-up blocker working which stopped me opening the attachments in the browser and so getting to the printer options. I was unaware that this was a pop-up or even that I had installed a pop-up blocker. I happened to notice a tiny red ! mark in the page header when I pressed "open in browser tab" where I found an option to stop the blocker on that page. Now works properly.

Still not aware of when the blocker was installed or configured. The wonders of modern technology.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good to read issue is resolved.

Be aware that attachment list view will only show the pop-up menu; mini-preview view will open PDF in webmail's internal viewer.

Pop-up tab / window blocker is likely built-in to the browser.