cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Emails

Bejay2
Tuning in

I use Google Chrome browser.  When printing Virgin Media email only the sender address is printer top of the first page and the remaining body of the email is printed on the second and following pages.  This is a nuisance and very inconvenient.  This problem has already been reported and appears to be no solution.  See also message 'Print emails without blank pages' dated 19-01-2023 for analysis.

The problem appears on both the preview and final print.  It is evident for operating systems Win8.1 and Windows 10.  The problem does not occur when using Google Chrome browser to print Hotmail and Outlook emails.  The same problem is evident when print Virgin Media emails using Microsoft Edge browser.

Since the problem is the same using Microsoft Edge and Goggle Chrome may indicate the problem is down to Virgin Media and not the browser, maybe there's a work around.

Is there a solution to resolve this nuisance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bejay2 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with printing emails. I can see that our helpful VIP @Graham_A  has very kindly offered their support and advice on this issue. 

Please do let us know if you have any further issues other browsers such as Firefox. We'll help and support best we can. 

All the best,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bejay2 Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome are essentially the same browser as they are built on the same open source Chromium platform.

Until this is resolved by the Chromium developers the workaround remains as per message 9 in the thread you mentioned, I.e. use Firefox or similar.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bejay2 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with printing emails. I can see that our helpful VIP @Graham_A  has very kindly offered their support and advice on this issue. 

Please do let us know if you have any further issues other browsers such as Firefox. We'll help and support best we can. 

All the best,

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Yes I installed Firefox browser then displayed my virgin media emails.  The emails are now printed normally.  Thank you all.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bejay2,

Thanks for coming back to us about this ongoing issue! Glad to hear that you've been able to resolve your issue by following the suggested steps! 🙂

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

We're here if you need us.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I don't know if this is the place to revise my Firefox findings.

I must inform that Firefox also exhibits the same fault as Google browser for a specific email related to two Amazon transactions. The Amazon transactions have a standard arrangement  with Order Confirmation, Despatch, Arriving today and finally the 'Your package has been delivered'.  This is the standard for all Amazon transactions. Oddly the Firefox 'Your package has been delivered' email exhibits the print problem as for the Google browser, and is repeated for both of my Amazon Transactions.  Since this Virgin Media print problem does not appear to be entirely related solely to Google browser but also related to specific emails when using the Firefox browser I think Virgin Media should take some time to find out what is going on and hopefully resolve this nuisance. 

It would be interesting to know if this Firefox problem is repeatable, try a few amazon transactions perhaps and see what happens.  Firefox seems to work ok for other emails that I have had recently.

I'm sorry to raise this problem again.

Hope you can assist. Bejay2

Hi @Bejay2,

Thank you for an update on your findings. From what you've explained, and as has also been discussed and mentioned earlier in this thread, it sounds like the issue lies within the build of the browser(s).

Hopefully in future updates of said browsers the configuration will adapt more favourably.

Please do let us know if you have anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!