Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Potential Fraud

My email appears to have been taken over as it doesn't accept my password and my security question appears to have been changed.

I can't get hold of anyone on the phone and, indeed, there doesn't even seem to be a separate contact to report fraud.

Please could someone give me a contact so that this can be looked into urgently.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Potential Fraud

Not fraud, though this can be used to commit fraud. Just hacking that we see all the time here. There is a number to report on. Contact VM by phone (150 or 0345 454 1111) and select broadband faults. Deals with e-mail. 

However you need to act faster than that to recover your account. Not unusual to see password changed as well as security question.

Follow this guidance for the forgotten password option:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-username-and-password

You can also provide other information, such as last bill for a possible answer to the missing security question.

If this doesn't work come back here and we'll ask the VM Forum Team to take a look for you. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I couldn't get anywhere on the phone.

I've tried the bill option online to reset the password but the only VM bill I can find is from August, so probably not the most up to date. Doesn't see to be any further option after this. I am also not 100% sure that the email is linked to my current VM account.

Any help you can give me here is appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well if it is not a linked account to your current broadband account then any hope of seeing it again is vastly diminished. It isn't possible to add the account back to your current account with out wiping out all your existing e-mail addresses and their contents.

I think the best we can do is ask the VM Forum Team when they reach this thread to look at the address in question and advise you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well hopefully it is linked but at this point all I really need is for the email account to be suspended so no further damage is done. It's a longstanding account so proving ownership shouldn't be a problem.

Losing existing contacts isn't top of my worries although seeing what's been sent/received in the last week is.

Do they work Sunday?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone able to look at this urgently?

I can't seem to get through to anyone on the phone this morning and now really worried!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just wait for the staff to respond here. they are are all back at work today - they are entitled to their weekend break. If you do this over the phone you will be met with blank incomprehension.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

anyone any idea when this will get looked at? I originally posted on Sat, so it's been a while and obviously this is very urgent.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Every time you post like this you go to the back of the queue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike991,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your email address. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into what can be done. 

^Martin

0 Kudos