cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to recover a deleted email account?

Phixion
Dialled in

Hello,

Odd request, I know.

I deleted an email account a long time ago, but I am trying to recover another account and it's attempting to send an email to the one I have deleted.

Is there any way to recover this old email? If not can I set one up? It was an @blueyonder.co.uk address.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Phixion thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

The amazing VMUser1812 is completely correct in the advice given. The only thing I can really add to this is, that we no longer offer new email addresses, neither.  Does provider/company you're attempting to set up with, not have a support line or 'contact us' option, where you can liaise with them directly, to explain your situation?

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Not necessarily an odd request, these things do sometimes happen.

But, I'm afraid it isn't possible to do either of the things you are asking for. If you had deleted the email address a week or so ago, there might be a chance that the deletion process could have bene halted. If this happened some time ago though, then it's gone.

Furthermore, VM's policy is that once an email address has been used and subsequently deleted, it can never be reused or recreated. 

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Phixion thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

The amazing VMUser1812 is completely correct in the advice given. The only thing I can really add to this is, that we no longer offer new email addresses, neither.  Does provider/company you're attempting to set up with, not have a support line or 'contact us' option, where you can liaise with them directly, to explain your situation?

Regards

Lee_R

Hello,

I figured that would be the case, doh. Sadly, it's an old gmail account and google are notoriously difficult when it comes to that sort of thing.

I tried getting in touch with them at the time and their automated system denied me, I think it's impossible to talk to a human being there.

I'll try again with them. Thanks for the help.

Hi @Phixion thanks for your reply here.

You're very welcome - really sorry we can't help further here!
Take care.

Many thanks

Tom_W