Menu
beckizumba
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please sort out your spam email filters

I am getting 20 - 30 spam emails daily.  

Please sort out your spam filters virgin - its not happening on any other of my email accounts - just yours.  

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please sort out your spam email filters

Hi beckizumba, 

Thanks for your post, 

Sorry you're having an issue with this, you may find some help at the bottom of this thread

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hold on - how is a thread from 2010 (discussing the merits and uses of the system in use before the current VM web mail programme) going to assist the OP of this thread in 2019?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

beckizumba
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No it doesn't help at all.    

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi beckizumba, I should put my money where my mouth is.

The thing is, VM's filters aren't great, but they do okay.  It is more to do with your email address being on spammers lists.  I get virtually NO spam, and my husband gets 20 or so a week, you get 20 or so daily.  Once on those lists, you'll never get off.

Check your settings in webmail and make sure the spam filter is set to move spam to the spam folder.  If most spam emails are going to your spam folder, that is good.  You can ignore them and the contents will be deleted by VM automatically (someone said once a month).  Report anything that gets to your inbox.  Set up a filter for those odd ones VM can't seem to recognise, and give it a flag colour as shown in this message https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Spam-from-Triblive/m-p/4078594#M179911

Personally, I like reporting the spam to spamcop.net.  That service helps to get reports to the source of spam email and cuts them off eventually.  Of course, they move on to other weak resources, but I like thinking I am helping.

But VM's position is something like :"we provide email as  a free add on to broadband, take it or leave it."

You should think about getting a non-ISP email service that offers what you want. better security, better spam filtering and no tie in to any ISP  Best wishes!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VPoorEmail
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They don't "do OK".

They are a complete disgrace, and not worthy of ANY company - never mind one the size of Virgin.

0 Kudos