cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help. Webmail access is blocked.

superhoop73
On our wavelength

Hi

My wife's access to webmail is blocked. When she signs in she gets a 403 Forbidden error.

Any ideas on how we can resolve this please? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the issue still occur when using your browser's Incognito / Private mode? if not then clearing the browser's data cache should resolve the issue however be aware that doing so may mean:

• you have to re-sign into services that were active / in use
  • initial loading of some sites maybe noticeably longer
  • site specific customisation may need to be reapplied

Tip: select 🔒 and then from drop menu either option to clear cookies or to view cookies and then clear cookies.

Should further help be needed with clearing the data cache then post back here with detail of browser name and device it is running on.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

superhoop73
On our wavelength

Hi there - is there any chance I can get some help with this? We're a bit stuck.

Thank you 😀

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the issue still occur when using your browser's Incognito / Private mode? if not then clearing the browser's data cache should resolve the issue however be aware that doing so may mean:

• you have to re-sign into services that were active / in use
  • initial loading of some sites maybe noticeably longer
  • site specific customisation may need to be reapplied

Tip: select 🔒 and then from drop menu either option to clear cookies or to view cookies and then clear cookies.

Should further help be needed with clearing the data cache then post back here with detail of browser name and device it is running on.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the response.

I tried Incognito / private mode on both Chrome and Edge, and both gave the same result, the Forbidden message.

So what is the next step, I am using Windows 11. Thank you very much.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team as they seem best placed to investigate further however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond. In the meantime can you confirm you are not using a VPN service when connecting to webmail?

Yes I'm definitely not using a VPN. Thank you. 

Hi superhoop73,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your Wife is unable to get into her webmail as saying blocked.

So I can have a further look into this for you I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi superhoop73,

Thank you for joing me in a private chat and for clearing security, glad to hear your Wife followed my instructions and changed her password to something totally different and allowed 15 minutes before logging in and that she now has access again, if you need any further support around logging into your Emails or Online Account there is some great information here, if you need any further help, please do not hesitate getting back to us.  

Regards

Paul.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paul_DN wrote:

Thank you for joing me in a private chat and for clearing security, glad to hear your Wife followed my instructions and changed her password to something totally different and allowed 15 minutes before logging in and that she now has access again, if you need any further support around logging into your Emails or Online Account there is some great information here, if you need any further help, please do not hesitate getting back to us. 

Good to read issue was resolved; also learnt that puzzling 403 Forbidden server state can be cleared password reset.