Menu
sw11
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please delete my ntl e-mail, pulling my hair out, why is this so complicated!!!!!!!!!!!

please tell me how i can delete my ntl world email account

0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please delete my ntl e-mail, pulling my hair out, why is this so complicated!!!!!!!!!!!

@sw11 wrote:

please tell me how i can delete my ntl world email account

To answer that you need to let us know:

1: Are you currently a VM broadband account-holder?

2: Is the email account a primary or a secondary email on the Broadband account? - If you are a broadband account holder you can delete a Secondary Account but not the Primary account. In essence all you can do is to set up a new email account and stop using the primary account. If you are not a Broadband account holder then VM will have to delete the email account for you but you have come to the right place to get that done Smiley Wink

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
sw11
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please delete my ntl e-mail, pulling my hair out, why is this so complicated!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I am a vm broadband customer, it is an old ntl primary, I want it deleted because it’s been hacked and I can’t change the password

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear! That must be scary.

Can you still log in to your account details in My Virgin media? - that is where you can CHANGE your password and regain control of your email address.  Choose a completely new password.  Then follow all these steps in this link and run a malware scanner on your devices.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
sw11
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately you can only change the vm password and not the email ending ntl world, but thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phew! That's good, at least you have regained control of your email address.  I hope you haven't had any of your other internet accounts breached by the hackers - please do follow all the other steps to make sure you don't lose out financially.

Edited to add: and then follow coenoby's advice in message 2, to set up a new email address - either here at VM, or with a non-ISP email provider, where you might get better security(?)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos