cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please HELP, Error Message AP103, Locked out of my virgin email account

taracampbell73
Tuning in

Hi,

I have been locked out of my Email account for a week since I went on Holidays.  My phone broke so i tried to log in under my emails on my Husbands phone.  I tried to reset my password and even though i'm passing security, and typing in a password I've never used before it keeps saying password cannot be used.

I'm now home, and gave cleared all the cache and browsing history on the laptop I always use and I keep getting the same messages.

Can someone please help as I have so much important stuff saved in my emails.

Thanks

Tara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@taracampbell73 wrote:

Hi,

When I Look for support as there is no broadband or phone attached to my email which I have had for 20 years.....

...Snip

Tara

Are you saying that you are not a current VM broadband customer? If that is the case, then there is good chance that the mailbox has been locked in preparation for being deleted, it being a requirement that to use any of the VM branded email addresses, you have to be a paying broadband customer.

If you are a customer, are you able to log into the my.virginmedia.com portal with the credentials of the 'primary' account holder and check that the address is properly associated with your broadband account?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Yes it was active right up to the day that I got locked out.

Tara

Hi,

I have deleted cache, Cleared browsing history and tried google chrome & Edge. It's still not working. 

Any Other suggestions would be really appreciated as I'm really starting to get worried that I will loose my Email info.

Thanks

Tara

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When I Look for support as there is no broadband or phone attached to my email which I have had for 20 years the robot doesn't recognise what I'm looking for under the chat,

I appreciate your support,

Tara

@taracampbell73 wrote:

Hi,

When I Look for support as there is no broadband or phone attached to my email which I have had for 20 years.....

...Snip

Tara

Are you saying that you are not a current VM broadband customer? If that is the case, then there is good chance that the mailbox has been locked in preparation for being deleted, it being a requirement that to use any of the VM branded email addresses, you have to be a paying broadband customer.

If you are a customer, are you able to log into the my.virginmedia.com portal with the credentials of the 'primary' account holder and check that the address is properly associated with your broadband account?

Hi,

I locked myself out of it as I was logging into different devices.

I have never been a broadband or mobile customer.

Just a simple email address.

Thanks

Tara

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@taracampbell73  

@taracampbell73 wrote:

Hi,

I locked myself out of it as I was logging into different devices.

I have never been a broadband or mobile customer.

Just a simple email address.

Thanks

Tara

In which case this linked post should help to explain what has happened to the email address.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jem,

It seems as if I have an orphan account, I have it 20 years now, which I have locked myself out of due to be on holidays and forgetting my password, then trying to log into my husbands account.  I understand if I'm not able to use this account on an ongoing basis, but given this only happened a few days ago do you think I will be able to retrieve my emails as I have a lot of personal medical info etc that I need like Doctor reports etc.

I'm really stressing out.

Tara