cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passwords and Delete @blueyonder.co.uk

Morrile
Up to speed

Hello,

Since VM changed the layout for My Virgin Media I cannot find where I can view all my email accounts to change their passwords to the new format, also, how I can now delete all my @Blueyonder.co.uk accounts now? I know we can delete blueyonder.co.uk accounts in the same place we can change all email passwords but where?

Kind Regards,

Morrile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Morrile  

@Morrile wrote:

Hello,

Since VM changed the layout for My Virgin Media I cannot find where I can view all my email accounts to change their passwords to the new format, also, how I can now delete all my @Blueyonder.co.uk accounts now? I know we can delete blueyonder.co.uk accounts in the same place we can change all email passwords but where?

Kind Regards,

Morrile

You can no longer change all the email passwords in one place, instead you have to sign into the My Virgin Media account for each email address and make the changes via the Update Settings > Account Details > Password > Edit

You need to sign out of the account before trying to sign into another account.

To delete secondary accounts you have to sign into the Primary account and go to Update Settings > Account Details > Manage other My Virgin Media accounts and click on delete by the account that you want to get rid off.  You cannot delete the Primary account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Morrile  

@Morrile wrote:

Hello,

Kind Regards,

Morrile

You can no longer change all the email passwords in one place, instead you have to sign into the My Virgin Media account for each email address and make the changes via the Update Settings > Account Details > Password > Edit

You need to sign out of the account before trying to sign into another account.

To delete secondary accounts you have to sign into the Primary account and go to Update Settings > Account Details > Manage other My Virgin Media accounts and click on delete by the account that you want to get rid off.  You cannot delete the Primary account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Will try and see tomorrow and confirm either way

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Morrile I notice from a previous post that you are under the misapprehension that blueyonder email addresses are being retired.  Providing they are part of a current VM broadband account they will continue for as long as VM continue to run an email service.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Morrile, 

Thank you for your reply, how is it going since your post?
Zoie

Hello Graham_A,

They have all been pwned due to major companies being hacked, so two will go yet will keep one. I shall be actioning changes this morning dur to unexpected interruptions by family.

Kind regards,
Lee

It's not, due to family, so once I have downed my daily input of freshly grounded coffee I shall start.

Two blueyonder.co.uk accounts deleted, so no more spam from those a/c's

All completed with very long passwords 🙂

My only criticism is the limitation of special characters that can be used when selecting passwords. I am used to using all special characters, including foreign characters, so the password is very hard to crack with brute forced attacks.

However, the good news is that it will take (according to a GRC chart based on password length and complexity) would take a constant brute force attack 7 quadrillion years to crack.

Hey @Morrile, thanks for the update.

I'm glad you have been able to setup a password.
Although you would prefer more special characters, we hope to change this in the future.
Let us know how it goes and if you need any more support.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs