Menu
Woody19
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Password stopped working

When I started with Ntlworld around 2001 as account holder I set up accounts for all of my family. My son's account suddenly says his password is incorrect. I have been into Manage Accounts and changed his password which has been accepted and it says a mail sent but if he tries to get into his mail - either in Windows Mail in W10 or by webmail - it still keeps saying his username or password are incorrect. I have tried to delete the account to re-enter it but if I click on delete account button under his account area it tries to delete my account with which I logged in.

Anyone any ideas?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Password stopped working

Just to say, whatever you do don't try and delete the mail address again. That won't solve anything

Firstly because once an @ntlworld.com address is deleted, it can't be recovered as it's a retired domain for Virgin Media (along with blueyonder.co.uk and virgin.net)

Secondly, the deletion option is for when you don't want the mailbox anymore. All the contents would be removed and if it was an @VirginMedia.com address, then it would be put into a protected pot to stop it being reused for a period of time
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Password stopped working

Hi Woody19,

This is very odd and I can't think what might be happening - though possible something that requires the intervention of I.T. I've sent you a request for information via PM (purple envelope top right) and shall investigate when I get your reply 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos