cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset not working

SteveJA
Just joined

I have an old ntlworld account that recently was locked without warning. 

I have tried to reset the password through the virgin email site however each time I pass the security question challenge and input a password it cycles back to the start of the process and asks for my username without completing the password reset. 

Can someone advise what to do next.

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SteveJA Password changes are made via the My Virgin Media account My Virgin Media rather than the Virgin Media Mail page.  Sign in with the Primary username and password and follow these steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @SteveJA 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your NTL world email address. 

Please could I check, are you still a virgin media customer? If so you would be able to follow the advise provided by Graham_A. 

Alternatively if you are not I can attempt to sort the password out via a PM, however I would advise that this should be done to set up a forwarding email address as these accounts are subject to this happening again. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M