cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset not working again

JamesMadison
Joining in

Since the Virgin Media homepage has been updated the password reset on the website does not work. I now can't get in to my account as even though i'm putting the correct details for my account in (correct DOB and correct answer to security question) it comes up as incorrect. I've had a freind try with their account and the same is happening to them. This has only happened since the interface of the page has been updated relatively recently, i've been able to update my password only a few months ago using the old interface. I've tried using multiple browsers (chrome, firefox and edge) and all don't work.

Please fix this.

33 REPLIES 33

GCR
On our wavelength

Looks like the new password page is back.

I cannot reset the password for my main account. No error, pages simply does nothing.

Pretty poor IMHO.

GCR

Hi there @GCR, welcome back to the forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with resetting your account password. Just to confirm, does this issue happen on all browsers and devices? Also, can you please try clearing the cookies and cache to see if this helps?

If you need any further support, we will be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

GCR
On our wavelength

Hi Nathan,

Thx for the reply. Yes it does this with Firefox, Chrome and Edge. I have tried clearing all cahe and cookies, but still the same.

I get the prompt for DoB and security answer, then the screen simplt flashes, but nothing..... very strange indeed.

Regards

GCR

Thanks for coming back to us @GCR.

Are you able to try to do this in incognito mode within your browser? If not, I will be happy to look into this further from here.

Regards,

Steven_L

GCR
On our wavelength

Hi Steven_L

Thx for coming back to me. I have tried an incognito window and still get the same screen flash but nothing else happens. I have recorded this so if there is a way to send you the video you can see it happening.

Many thanks for looking into this for me.

Regards

Graham

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply GCR 🙂
I am so sorry this did not work, if you could please attach a screenshot of the error so we can see what you are seeing? (excluding all personal details)

Zoie

GCR
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie,

Thanks for getting back to me, this is the page that I enter my details into. It simply flashes and does nothing when I click the continue button.

Screenshot 2022-09-07 222849.png

Regards

GCR

Thanks for sharing that GCR, have you been able to input a new password? We have had instances where customers have had similar issues but it has actually updated the password. If you have, we'd recommend trying to log in with the updated password and let us know if this works.

Rob

GCR
On our wavelength

Hi Rob,

I have not been able to enter a new password as yet as I cannot get pass the "Can't access email" screen. The problem is I enter my DoB and security answer and the screen just flashes and stays on this screen.

I have a video of this happening if there is a way for me to share that with you.

Hope this makes sense?

Regards

GCR

Hey @GCR, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the password on the email.
I will look in to this for you and assist you.
I will send a private message inviting you in for a chat - watch out for the purple envelope.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs